We have long been committed to sustainability. Concrete is a hardy material that lasts for years, but it’s also versatile and reusable. Structures made of concrete are built to last: some factory halls and sewers made in the 19th century are still in use today. But did you know that the molds used to produce concrete elements are also incredibly sustainable? At least our molds are! But what makes our molds more sustainable than those of our competitors? And how do you get the most out of your concrete block molds? We’d love to tell you more.
What makes our molds sustainable?
● A mold will last at least 10 years with frequent use
● With our handy dividers, you only need one mold to produce concrete elements in different shapes and sizes
● All our concrete molds come from our own factory and are made of pure, hardened steel with a powder coating. There’s no plastic to be seen!
● We also make all parts and accessories ourselves, which means we are less dependent on suppliers and can reduce our environmental footprint
● Our molds are suitable for leftover concrete, empowering our customers to be sustainable and environmentally conscious
How many concrete molds do you need?
We design our molds with a view to squeezing every ounce of functionality out of every mold. Thanks to our divider system, you can produce concrete elements of different shapes and sizes with just one mold. How many molds you need therefore depends on how many different elements you need. If you only produce blocks for your own company, you can get started with just one or with just a few molds. If you resell different kinds of concrete elements to other sectors, you will need more molds.
What kind of concrete block molds are available?
● Standard molds, which can be used with dividers to produce concrete blocks of various shapes and sizes;
● Retaining wall molds, for retaining walls that can be used in traffic, in silos, as flood defenses and more;
What is the lifespan of a concrete block mold?
We produce every single part of our concrete block molds in our own factory, using Trumpf laser machines and pure, hardened steel with a powder coating. We avoid plastic altogether, simply because we know that it doesn’t last as long as steel. This lets us guarantee that our molds will continue to deliver for at least 10 years, even with intensive use. We are able to produce high-quality molds because we are dedicated to innovation, product development and excellent finishing. Whenever we get feedback from our customers or identify an area for improvement ourselves, we respond quickly. We have been the market leader in the production and supply of high-quality concrete molds for decades for a reason.
How to make the most of your molds
Because our molds are built to last, you won’t have to spend as much to replace them, keeping your OPEX low. But there are more ways to reduce your expenses:
● like producing your concrete elements on site to pay less for transportation. Also take into account that this benefits the environment too, because it reduces emissions.
● Use dividers to produce multiple blocks with the same mold in one go;
● Put all your leftover concrete to good use and resell newly made blocks from leftovers,
● along with any other blocks you no longer need. With our clever Lego system, you can put our blocks together and take them apart without damaging them. By reselling used blocks and elements made of leftover concrete, you are contributing to a circular concrete market.
Produce concrete blocks with Betonblock®’s concrete block molds
Head to our product page to effortlessly add products to your quote. You’ll know exactly where you stand and could be producing your own concrete elements in no time. If you have any questions, fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Betonblock® is committed to a sustainable, environmentally conscious concrete industry. Will you join us?